Tuesday 5 May 2009

A good yarn - is just what underwear needs to hear

When I saw the new Autumn/Winter 09 collection from Sunspel last Thursday, I recognised my favourite plain white T-shirt - one I've been wearing for over three years. It's the only white one in my 1960s chest of drawers that hasn't turned shapeless, mixed-wash grey, or managed to look anything other than blindingly pristine. 

Made from extra long Egyptian cotton threads, my T's fabric has a softness and strength missing in other underwear brands. With it's loose fitting, crewneck shape it feels far more comfortable the lycra-engorged, body-hugging versions in the heat. A chilled spritzer to their room-temperature plonk.

This isn't a brand to shake things up, and they don't make pulling pants, but in an uncertain world, there's a reliability and quality with Sunspel that feels pleasingly comforting and safe. And hands up, who doesn't want to feel secure in their pants?

No comments:

Post a Comment